Thursday, October 21, 2010

Typical Meal of an University Student

So every since I moved out for school last year, I've transformed into a food lover. With living away from home, majority of the time I have to cook for myself. As lazy as I get sometimes, I really do try to carry out a healthy lifestyle. Most of the time, when I do cook, I cook in bulk. So I don't have to worry about my next couple of meals.

Roasted Veggies
Ingredients: 
- cauliflower 
- broccoli 
- onions
- garlic
- yellow/orange peppers
- any other vegetable you want
- olive oil
- mixed herbs and spices 
~~~
Preheat your oven to 400F
After washing them, chop up all your veggies into bite-size and place them in a mixing bowl.


Add olive oil and herbs&spices of your choice. In my case, I just used some basil and lemon pepper. Mix it around well to coat all the veggies.


Put the a single layer of veggies on a pan and pop it into the oven for 45 minutes.


~~~
But as an university student, there are times where I rely on packaged meal, like this...
But I do try to add some sort of goodness into it. 
~~~ 
Sadly, not all my meals look as good as this one. 
The chickpea salad were lunch leftovers.
And that's just a honey glazed balsamic pork-chop.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

looks delicious!!

Have a great week up ahead!
jen @ www.passion4food.ca